cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook - Dropbox saving attachments

Outlook - Dropbox saving attachments

New member | Level 2

Hi,

I'm using outlook and dropbox. When I get an email with an attachment and I'm trying to save it to my dropbox folders I constantly get "An Unexpected Error" message and it says try again. But it never works. So I can't save the attachments via the Dropbox pan window. 

Any tips why this is happening?

Thanks

Bela

3 Replies 3

Re: Outlook - Dropbox saving attachments

Dropboxer

Hi there @The Collection; welcome to our Community and happy December!

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with this, but I'll be glad to help look into it.

To do so, could you let me know the OS of your device and if you've tried another browser to see if you get any different results? 

Let me know what you find, Bela!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

New member | Level 2

Hi,

I was not talking about a browser. I'm using Outlook as in the email software with the Dropbox plugin installed. So Dropbox opens up in a separate pane.

I'm running MacOS Catalina version 10.15.7

Like I mentioned it, it would not work when I'm trying to save the attachment from an email into a dropbox folder via the Dropbox side panel.

Thanks

Bela

Dropboxer

So you're using the 2016 version of the Outlook desktop application on your Mac, correct me if I'm wrong, Bela. Does Outlook show under your account's Connected Apps tab?

If it's listed there, may I use the email address that's connected to your Community's profile to reach out so we can investigate further? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?