Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Overview of all my folders/files in Dropbox

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi guys.

I have been in contact with Dropbox support and unfortunately they could not help me. 

My dropbox has grown into a chaotic beast (pun intended) and i really want to get it tamed. It is so large that the path (when sync'ing folders/files locally) has too many characters to be able to open the files (over 217 characters in excel and 255 for all other)

My issue is that i have thousands of files, in hundreds of subfolders with different headlines and yeah.... you get my point. Would take me weeks to just map out.

Do you have any good ideas on - how i can get an easier overview of all my files and folders? 

Any idea is much appreciated.

Thank you!!

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Re: Overview of all my folders/files in Dropbox

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @JmlMaternity,

Perhaps I could suggest opting in for the new Dropbox desktop app, which will allow you to add pins, notes, lists, to-dos, @ mentions, and links to your folders. Maybe this could help you by adding descriptions to your folders which you can then search for, which might make locating documents or folders easier.

In terms of seeing your entire folder structure or a map overview, we don't currently have any feature for this. However, you may be able to find some third-party apps via a web search (or suggestions from other users here) that could help with this.

Let me know if you have any other questions - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: Overview of all my folders/files in Dropbox

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Thanks Daphne,

I know you work @ Dropbox and can not suggest third party apps - if anyone can - i would be very interested in knowing these.

Thank you

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?