cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF Files Are Corrupt

PDF Files Are Corrupt

mbrusilova
Explorer | Level 4

Hello! So I'm selling printables on my site and I use Dropbox to share them. I check the links and I can download and the files are all good. However, when my customers download the file is corrupt. I couldn't find the reason so looking for help here.

2 Replies 2

Re: PDF Files Are Corrupt

Elixir
Super User

Hello @mbrusilova, are you and your customer using the same program to open the PDF file? Certain PDF files could be compatible with one program, but another program might have trouble. If your files contain some non-standard layers, annotations, or embedded objects, it might need specific app to open. I have seen some PDFs can be opened by Adobe Acrobat Reader, but fails to open in macOS Preview. 

Re: PDF Files Are Corrupt

mbrusilova
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you, didn't think about it since I managed to open it in all programs I have. But you're probably right!

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

mbrusilova Explorer | Level 4
    Elixir Super User
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?