cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE HELP !!! 45 minutes waiting on chat -- NO ANSWER. No phone call. Backup has removed files

PLEASE HELP !!! 45 minutes waiting on chat -- NO ANSWER. No phone call. Backup has removed files

geoscinc
Explorer | Level 3

PLEASE HELP - someone.  I am on a MAC and this dropbox has turned on its backup and removed everything from my time machine and MY DESKTOP -- I see NOTHING.  I go to dropbox and see NONE OF THE FOLDERS I HAD ON MY DESKTOP.  This is years of work.  How can I get this thing to STOP or how can I reverse this horrible damage?

3 Replies 3

Re: PLEASE HELP !!! 45 minutes waiting on chat -- NO ANSWER. No phone call. Backup has removed files

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hello @geoscinc, I'd be more than happy to help look into this with you!

Generally, your Support options depend on the sort of account that you have, and you can find yours by going to this page

If you've already submitted a ticket, could you let me know the ID (eg. #1234567) so that I can pass your comments from here along?

In the meantime, could you check online and your events page to see if the files you're looking for were added to your account at any point in time?

Give me a nudge whenever you have any updates on this, thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: PLEASE HELP !!! 45 minutes waiting on chat -- NO ANSWER. No phone call. Backup has removed files

geoscinc
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you for your reply.  I guess I have no support as I went to the support options page you suggested and saw that I had 4 tickets in.  My ticket # is 12162285.   After a few hours online chat I was given instructions to reverse the backup.  I was told to let it run through the night, to not touch my computer and let it run its course.  I was told everything would be 'back where it was'.  I woke up and I still have zero files and folders on my desktop; also, my DOCUMENTs directory is completely empty.  I go online early this morning and after a bit, the service person said they would prefer to chat with me via email.  I figure they are pushing me off as they do not know what to do.  I am now in a situation where apparently a support person will email me something that they come up with.  But as it stands now, I've lost books I've written, presentations that amassed 10 years of work as my DESKTOP  and DOCUMENT directory have zero files.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Lusil
Dropboxer
Thanks for letting me know, @geoscinc

I understand how important this is for you but due to the account-specific information that'll be required to investigate more in depth, I'd recommend continuing via the ticket. 

I have made sure to pass your comments along, and they'll get back to you as soon as possible. 

In the meantime, if there's anything else I can do from my end, don't hesitate to give me another nudge.

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?