cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.PNGs not visible in Dropbox photos tab

.PNGs not visible in Dropbox photos tab

Badtrampers
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello Dropbox Forum!

Whenever I try uploading a .png to Dropbox it doesn't show up in the photos tab (dropbox.com/photos). At first I thought this was due to Dropbox not finding any date in the file (PNGs do lack exif support). However, after trying to both change the filename to the date (using format yyyy-mm-dd hh.mm.ss) and changing the creation/ modified date before uploading it still won't show up. PNG files appear to be supported as they show up when uploaded via the mobile image sync feature. I have tried uploading it to different directories on my Dropbox (including the camera uploads folder) using both the windows desktop client and the web client.

Kindly, a long time Dropbox user.

14 Replies 14

Badtrampers
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thank you for the clarification @Jay! At least now I know that it isn't possible. I will proceed by submiting this as and idea and mark your answer as the solution.

jojonah
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

So what am I supposed to do with the thousands of PNG files intermixed with JPEGs in hundreds of folders all throughout my dropbox?  It's easy to say that dropbox doesn't allow these in the photos folder, but there needs to be an answer.  What is the response from Dropbox?  

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @jojonah; thanks for joining the discussion here.

I'm sorry to ask, but can you let us know some additional information about the issue you're facing? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

jojonah
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Earlier Post:

Thanks for the update. I've looked into this matter further, and per my colleague previously stated, any camera photos of any size saved in PNG format will not appear on the Photos tab.

Screenshots, however, which are generally saved as PNG and uploaded automatically by the camera upload feature, are included on the Photos tab.

We appreciate the feedback on this matter, and if you wish, you can suggest this change for others to vote on, so the dev team can look into this in future!

Jay

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
I see now; thanks for the additional feedback on this one @jojonah.

Let us know if you have anything else to add or ask!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    jojonah Explorer | Level 4
    Badtrampers Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?