cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paper doc comments just dissapear

Paper doc comments just dissapear

mainmike
Explorer | Level 3

1) My colleague is commenting our paper doc, using windows (and probably chrome or firefox) and i am using mac osx and safari. I got one NOTIFICATION on my iphone, where i got the paper app, but when i open the doc there is NO comments, and also my colleague sees no comments. There is also nothing in the notification history either, how can this be, for a well known software like DROPBOX with so many users, is there a bug or something, anyone else have similar experience? Is it just GONE, one day of work, magically dissapear? 

2) Is there a way to access PAPER though the dropbox desktop app? (given that there is no paper app available)

Thanks in advanced for your inputs

3 Replies 3

Re: Paper doc comments just dissapear

Walter
Dropboxer

Hello there @mainmike, thanks for joining our Community!

Can you please let me know if you get any different results after clearing your browser's cache or another browser? 

When it comes to your second concern, you can access your Paper docs through the desktop app by clicking the relevant button after having clicked on the Dropbox app's icon in the menu bar/system tray. This would open up a web browser though. 

Let me know of any updates!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

mainmike
Explorer | Level 3

Thans for your reply,

Not sure about clearing cache, but should that be necessarily, have you heard about that dropbox fails in this area before? So comment cant be store without clearing cache everytime? 

I dont see a "relevant button" that takes you too paper through dropbox app, can you elaborate? 

Thanks, 

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @mainmike, and sorry to jump in the convo!

This is unexpected since comments should remain on each Paper document after their addition. This is why @Walter asked you to try clearing the cache, then checking again for the comments, to see if this is a browser related issue.

As for accessing Paper through the Dropbox desktop application: Can you locate your little Dropbox icon (on your task bar, next to your WiFi) and click there? 

Once you do, you should be seeing a pop-up window, with a row of icons on top. All you'd need to do would be for you to click the Paper icon to access your content on the web. 

Let me know if you need anything else!

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lori Dropboxer
    mainmike Explorer | Level 3
    Walter Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?