Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paper documents open view only from folder inserted in another paper document

Helpful | Level 7

When I open a Paper document from a folder that I have inserted into another Paper document, it opens a view only. When I open the same Paper document from the folder directly or via a link, it can be edited. Is this a bug or by design? 

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Re: Paper documents open view only from folder inserted in another paper document

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @icrosby; how are you today?

I wasn't able to replicate the issue here on a Chrome browser as the Paper docs I linked to  in other Paper docs by using the (+) key open directly for editing. 

As I believe this is a temporary hiccup, can you clear your browser's cache and try again?

Let me know how it goes and we'll take it from there.  

Thanks a bunch! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: Paper documents open view only from folder inserted in another paper document

Helpful | Level 7

Sorry, you are not following me. The problem is not with documents created and linked using the 'plus' syntax. When I insert a Dropbox folder into a Paper document, it creates a box with a listing of the files that folder contains. If I open a Dropbox Paper document from that listing, it opens view only. 

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Oh, I see now. Thanks for clearing this up for me @icrosby!

May I use the email address that's connected to your Community's profile to reach out so we can work on this together internally?

I'm only asking as I might need to bring this to an expert's attention - if you don't mind that is. 

Thanks again!

Walter

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 7

Yes, that would be fine. Thanks!

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for your cooperation @icrosby.

I just sent you a ticket so we can look further into this matter.

Whenever you get the chance, please take a look at your inbox and we'll take it from there. 

Walter

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?