Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Paper dropbox exposes the email addresses of my customers to eachother

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi

A customer recently reached out to me to tell me that anybody who has accessed the paper dropbox pages we send out (we use them as sales pages) can see eachothers email addresses.

This is a huge privacy concern - people who view the doc should not have their email addresses shown to others who view the doc surely? (this is 100's of people every day).

I hope there is a way to turn this off, or unfortunately I will be spending this weekend moving my business back to gdocs :(

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Paper dropbox exposes the email addresses of my customers to eachother

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @stevekvsocial, thank you for checking in about this. 

At this time, by default, whoever has the link to a Dropbox Paper you share is able to view it, and as such their email address will show in the members' badges at the top of the document as you mentioned. 

You can change the Editing permissions and remove members, though, with the steps provided here

In the meantime, I will happily forward your notes to our team as a feature request - and you can also post about it in our "Share an Idea" page within the Community, which will allow other users to vote on it, too.

I hope this helps; let me know if I can help with anything else moving forwards. 

Thanks!

Celeste
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?