cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out how our Community members are using Dropbox here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paper – footnotes, captions & anchors; oh my!

Highlighted

Paper – footnotes, captions & anchors; oh my!

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Hey guys,

Love the product. Few ideas whilst using it with colleagues:

Footnotes/references
It’d be great to be able to add footnotes, citations or references inline or at the bottom of a Paper document. Idea: dotted underline, click to go to citation—alt, number[1] in brackets, link colour and smaller than body text.

Captions
Add captions to attached media—opaque or smaller text for context/so they’re not part of the body copy

Anchors
Obviously these exist. Can be flaky, i.e. sometimes the plus sign appears instead of an anchor, and no matter where you click or highlight you can’t see the anchor unless you refresh. It’d be great to anchor to anchors/headings on other pages with custom link text, not just the text it auto generates.

…Oh my!
Really frustrating that follow edited docs is turned on by default when I invite people to collaborate. Nobody wants more emails than they already receive. Off by default in my opinion, except for comments. I feel users also need finer control over notifications e.g. only be notified of comments with mentions and so forth. Slack and other collab. chat platform integration would be incredible—to continue slowing the influx of emails.

But seriously, nice product guys

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Paper – footnotes, captions & anchors; oh my!

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey Daniel

Thanks for sharing these. Best place to send them is directly to our Paper team on the Paper doc. At the bottom right of the Paper doc you will see a '?' - click on it and hit 'feedback'.

Thanks for using Paper! I'm a super user of it

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Paper – footnotes, captions & anchors; oh my!

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey Daniel

Thanks for sharing these. Best place to send them is directly to our Paper team on the Paper doc. At the bottom right of the Paper doc you will see a '?' - click on it and hit 'feedback'.

Thanks for using Paper! I'm a super user of it

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?