cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Periodic Sync Folders

Periodic Sync Folders

Salvo1996
New member | Level 2

Hi everyone, 

I will try to explain what I want to do in order to understand if is it possible or there is a smarter way to do it. I daily work with some folders in the Document section of my MacBook, adding/modifying/creating files periodically. Is there a way to link some subfolders of the Document section to the Dropbox folder in such a way when I modify or add some files they automatically (periodically) will be updated in the Dropbox folder and added to the cloud (through the "online only" option)? To better clarify, the main idea is to have a local copy of my files stored in the HDD of my MacBook and an online version of it that upload automatically when I change something inside the local Document section. I hope you can help me, have a great day! 

1 Reply 1

Re: Periodic Sync Folders

Rich
Super User II

@Salvo1996 wrote:

... the main idea is to have a local copy of my files stored in the HDD of my MacBook and an online version of it that upload automatically when I change something inside the local Document section.

Why not just move those folders into the Dropbox folder? That's the point of Dropbox. Move the files and folders you work on regularly into the Dropbox folder, and any changes you make will automatically sync to your account online. Remember, the Dropbox folder is just a regular folder. It's on your local drive.

The other option would be to enable the computer backup feature, which MOVES your Desktop, Documents and Downloads folders into the Dropbox folder so they sync automatically.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?