cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permanently Deleted Files do not stay deleted

Permanently Deleted Files do not stay deleted

trudeip
Explorer | Level 4

I delete files in my Dropbox App running on my computer, I then go online to Dropbox select all the files I just deleted and permanently delete them. The next time I restart my computer they are ALL back?  Can someone please tell my why this is and some steps to correct the issue? Thank you

3 Replies 3

Re: Permanently Deleted Files do not stay deleted

DerDropper
Explorer | Level 4

Hey trudeip,

maybe the problem is, that your internet connection fails if you delete something. 
Or does this happen two days in a row?

trudeip
Explorer | Level 4

So today the computer had restarted while I was off, I then redeleted all the files. About an hour or so later needed to restart the computer again and all the files were back again. It has nothing to do with the internet connection. If I look right now online or in my dropbox app the files will all be gone but if I restart the computer they will all be back.

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there @trudeip; sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Can you please take a look at your events page to see if those files are coming back from a specific app/process or a connected device?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?