cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permanently deleted files on my PC that I did not want

Permanently deleted files on my PC that I did not want

New member | Level 2

Yesterday morning I wanted to delete a lot of files from my Dropbox, but I did not know that they were syncronized with my office computer. I yust wanted to delete files from Dropbox, and today when I came to my job, I realized that I deleted all my fikes from cmputer. 

Is it possible to get this files back, sinc I deleted them permanently? There are very important files.

Thank you very much for your help, Petra

4 Replies 4

Re: Permanently deleted files on my PC that I did not want

New member | Level 2
Same, please if someone knows how to solve this, I accidentally deleted some files as well from my pc, I didn't know it syncs with dropbox, when I tried to restore the files back, they just restored the folders with no files in them at all, i wanna cry so bad because theres also my deadline in there, I have no choice other than rewriting it , but its okay, i just hope the rest of my files would come back, i have many pictures in there

deleted files on my pc

New member | Level 2

Hi,

so my problem is I recently deleted files in my dropbox, I did not realize they will be deleted in my pc as well, so I went to the deleted files in my dropbox, I recovered them, it said I have to free up some space, so I upgraded to 3 TGB, and tried again, the folders were restored, but not the files in them, just the name of the folders were restored but when I checked the files, all were empty. I have submissions and this scared me that I have to rewrite my whole essay again. I would like to recover the files because some of them were my essays. Can anyone help me?

Dropboxer

Hey @PB22 & @Aisyah99; thanks for joining our Community!

To begin with, note that permanently deleted files cannot be restored, even from our end. 

That said, as it's not quite clear if those deletions were indeed permanent ones, could you have a look at your deleted files page and your events page and let me know if you see any sign of your missing files there? 

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

New member | Level 2

Hello Walter,

thank you for your answer.

I looked in my deleted files and in my events and there are no files that I deleted.

Probably this is because they were permanently deleted. I was afraid at that time, that I could accidentally share those files.

Unfortunately there were files from my twenty years job. I am desperate, I did not know that something like this can happen.

Can I get any help for that?

Thank you, I hope something can be done, Petra

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?