cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal files lost, when removed from team

Personal files lost, when removed from team

Carl-Ruuben
Explorer | Level 3

Hi! I merged my personal DB account with my work team, who assigned my personal account a licence. When my team removed my licence, then all files (work and my personal files) were lost. We tried to assigne the licence again, however my personal files did not appear again. Just to be sure, are my personal files lost or is there a way to get them back with DBs help somehow?

5 Replies 5

Re: Personal files lost, when removed from team

Walter
Dropboxer
Hello there @Carl-Ruuben; welcome to the Community and happy Friday!

If you made sure you're looking at the correct account, can you please let me know if you see any sign of your missing files in your deleted files page or the events page perhaps?

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Carl-Ruuben
Explorer | Level 3

Hi! Yes, this is my correct account. I has my personal folders in there, and my team shared me an access to a separate folder. However, in order to accept the invitation to join the separate folder, they had to share me a licence first. After I left the team, they removed the access to the folder as well as the licence. After they removed the licence I lost everything, including my separate folder.

Rich
Super User II

@Carl-Ruuben wrote:

We tried to assigne the licence again, however my personal files did not appear again.

Did they send you a new invite the second time, or did they restore your account? They likely need to restore your original account, but I'm not sure how that will work now if they re-invited you to the team a second time. @Walter??

If they are able to restore your original account, they have just seven days to do so. Once restored, they need to convert your account back to an individual account.

Carl-Ruuben
Explorer | Level 3

I actually do not know. They assigned me a licence again, so I hoped I would get my personal files back, but they didn't appear. 

So I just assume I have unfortunately lost everything.

Walter
Dropboxer
Thanks for your updates on this matter @Carl-Ruuben

Can you have your team's admin look for your files from their end? 

If they're able to find them and/or restore them, they may need to share them with you anew. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?