cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photo backup on iPhone isn’t working

Photo backup on iPhone isn’t working

Em_6
Collaborator | Level 8

I’ve been using Dropbox to backup my iPhone and noticed recently it’s been really slow. Last night I went to back it up again but it just said it was starting photo backup, but it still hasn’t found any photos or videos.

I’ve restarted the app, my phone and turned off photo backup and left it before trying again, I’ve tried airplane mode with WiFi. I’ve tried using my data, but it’s not finding anything. Or doing anything. I’ve been using Dropbox alongside iCloud and haven’t had any problems until this. I’ve used about 6% of the 2tb storage I’ve got.

Any help on this?

Thanks

75 Replies 75

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Em_6, thanks for posting on our Community and happy Friday!

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with this. Let's have a look now.

Could you please see if clearing the app's cache helps improve matters?  To do so:

1. Navigate to the “Personal” tab
2. Tap the gear icon in the upper-left corner of the screen
3. Select “Clear Cache”

Once this is done then please ensure you log out of the Dropbox application, then restart your device and log back in again.

Let me know how it goes!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Em_6
Collaborator | Level 8
Thanks for your reply that helped, kind of.

It seems to only work slowly now when I log out and back in each time. I have to leave the app open on screen otherwise it stops working and I have to log in and out.

Could this be to do with the latest update?

Thanks

Em_6
Collaborator | Level 8
Also: when I go to the camera upload folder, it’s going crazy flashing from several months ago, to weeks, to saying it’s empty then something it’s managed today then repeating like that.

Em_6
Collaborator | Level 8
Anybody?

Em_6
Collaborator | Level 8
I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it’s exactly the same. Would really appreciate some advice

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Em_6, sorry to jump in here, let me ask: does this issue affect all photos and videos, or only some?

Can you include a screenshot of the Camera Uploads settings in the Dropbox app, and also one of the Dropbox permissions settings on your device?

You can find this by opening the “Settings” app on your iPhone, and then tapping “Dropbox.”

Waiting for your reply, cheers!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Em_6
Collaborator | Level 8
When uploading? All I think. I’ve got so many it’s hard to tell everything has uploaded but I think it has now. Signing in and out isn’t very practical though.

Let me know if the links don’t work, thanks.

https://ibb.co/G9jnJ4c
https://ibb.co/StRsWc3

Ákos M.
Helpful | Level 5

I have this issue too. It’s not working on my ipad nor on my iphone. It keeps telling me that it’s “searching for photos”, but nothing happens...

It started around 2-3 days ago, since I received an update for the app.

cache cleaning and device restart did not help.

Em_6
Collaborator | Level 8
@Ákos M. , glad it’s not just me. Please let me know if yours gets sorted, I haven’t gotten any further with it myself
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Em_6 Collaborator | Level 8
    KerryL28 Helpful | Level 5
    RobChafer Explorer | Level 3
    Evan P.4 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?