cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photo backup on iPhone isn’t working

Photo backup on iPhone isn’t working

Em_6
Collaborator | Level 8

I’ve been using Dropbox to backup my iPhone and noticed recently it’s been really slow. Last night I went to back it up again but it just said it was starting photo backup, but it still hasn’t found any photos or videos.

I’ve restarted the app, my phone and turned off photo backup and left it before trying again, I’ve tried airplane mode with WiFi. I’ve tried using my data, but it’s not finding anything. Or doing anything. I’ve been using Dropbox alongside iCloud and haven’t had any problems until this. I’ve used about 6% of the 2tb storage I’ve got.

Any help on this?

Thanks

75 Replies 75

KerryL28
Helpful | Level 5
I updated to 244.2.2 on iPhone 11 Pro with up to date iOS and it’s still not resolved 😠

Evan P.4
Explorer | Level 4

Mine has been mostly working on neweest app version on iPhone 12, though occasionally I have to "jumpstart" it by clearing cache. That seems to trigger new photo uploads.

KerryL28
Helpful | Level 5
Finally, after almost 5 months, and having to login every time I wanted to do an upload, a few days ago it started working again!
I had previously tried everything, updating iOS, updating Dropbox, clearing cache, you name it, I tried it.

Hooray! It good news, because I was going to spend next week moving everything from Dropbox and cancel before my yearly renewal was due in September.

RobChafer
Explorer | Level 3

Still broken for me: version version 246.2, iOS 12.5.4

KerryL28
Helpful | Level 5
Working now with
Dropbox 246.2.4
iOS 14.6

But not immediately, after a week of the Dropbox update!

Em_6
Collaborator | Level 8
Mine is working again too, it seems. The update has done something to the thumbnail and how many files it says it has to upload which I don’t like but I’m just glad it’s actually working again
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Em_6 Collaborator | Level 8
    KerryL28 Helpful | Level 5
    RobChafer Explorer | Level 3
    Evan P.4 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?