cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photo upload off of hard drive

Photo upload off of hard drive

sandra19
New member | Level 2

Photo upload is duplicating storage on my hard drive.  They are also in drop and in upload storage and is taking up all the room on my hard drive.   I don't want them stored on my hard drive so I've turned off that function but need to get photos off hard drive in order to create space on Mac as it's telling me I have no more room on my hard drive.  I don't want to inadvertently delete photos in both places.  Help!  What do I do? 

1 Reply 1

Re: Photo upload off of hard drive

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @sandra19, thanks for contacting us!

When you upload files to your Dropbox account, the files will sync to your devices, so they will take up space on your computer.

Smart Sync, which is on paid accounts, could be used to prevent files from taking up space on your machine. Selective sync, which is available for all accounts, prevent entire folders from syncing down to your computer.

You could use selective sync using this method to treat Dropbox as backup storage on the site.

If you need any more details, feel free to message back!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?