cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photos--Deleting and Viewing as a List

KrystalLite New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I have several questions when dealing with photos online:

1. How do I view my photos as a list, instead of with thumbnails?

2. How can I view them as larger photos so I can identify specific ones that are very similar?

3. How do I delete photos?

4. I would prefer to place photos in folders identifying the subject, instead of the timeline. How do I do that?

Thanks for your help on this. 

3 Replies 3

Re: Photos--Deleting and Viewing as a List

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @KrystalLite, all great questions; I’ll do my best to address them below! 

1. If you’re working on the Dropbox website, you should have the following options under the “View as” menu & you can click on the 🔽 to reveal it. (Tip: It’s next to the “Members” column.)Screenshot 2019-12-02 at 5.57.30 PM.png
(Note: On the other hand, if you’re working on the Photos page, then there isn’t currently a way to adjust the way your photos are displayed.)

1. You can switch between the three views as you see fit, as long as you're loading them through your Files
  2. You can easily delete your photos following the steps relayed here
  3. If you’re navigating on the Photos page, then you will not be able to change the Timeline view. Additionally, some upgraded Dropbox users can access the image search feature that could be helpful in identifying the subject. If you're working on a plan that has the feature, you could give it a go to see if that's what you're looking for. 

I hope my message is helpful; please let me know if I missed anything along the way. Thanks! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

KrystalLite New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Thanks for your prompt response, Jane. 
Unfortunately I am working in the Photos section so these suggestions don't work. Had I understood the limitations of that section I wouldn't have used it.
It surprises me that the photos section doesn't give the same flexibility as the Files section of Dropbox. 

It appears as though the only solution(s) is to either download the photos and edit them on my computer or to transfer them to the Files section of Dropbox where there is a lot more flexibility. However, there's not even an easy way to do that. Apparently I'll need to download them to my computer and then upload them to the File section. 

It's silly and frustrating to have those kinds of serious limitations with this program.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Thanks for clarifying @KrystalLite; let me further explain matters below!

It would be worth noting that the photos you’re seeing in the Photos tab are already stored in your Dropbox account in the Files section, however they’re placed under different directories. The Photos view populates with all your photos in chronological order. 

It would be interesting to see how you were using this section previously, however if you’ve synced your Dropbox files to your desktop, you could re-arrange your photos according to your liking in personal or shared folders. This will help you avoid the manual download/upload. 

I hope this brings us closer; please let me know how you get on! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?