cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photos folder not showing in my navigation- SUPPORT WILL NOT HELP

Photos folder not showing in my navigation- SUPPORT WILL NOT HELP

Helpful | Level 5

I have been having this problem on and off for several years. It has not been two years since my photos folder disapppeared. I have contacted support severeal times over the last few years about this. They have me jump through hoops to check this and that, submit this and that. Finally they just say "we'll tell our developers".

They will not go into my account and fix things. I have thousnads upon thousands of photos and I rely on the photos option to find things.

I have dropbox plus and I have been a customer nearly 20 years. I am REALLY mad about this.  I see a couple of other people have sunbimitted tickets about this and it doesn't seem like  they were helped either.

I woud love to migrate to a new cloud storage that woud give me the option of viewing the photos from all my folders via a similar feature to the dropbox photos folder. ANY suggestions?

My support tickets over the past five years are all about this problem, over and over again. For a while sometimes this folder woud magically reappear and disappear again, but not throuh any effort by dropbox Support.

2 Replies 2

Re: Photos folder not showing in my navigation- SUPPORT WILL NOT HELP

Super User II

@Katherine R.1 wrote:

For a while sometimes this folder woud magically reappear and disappear again ...

When it's not visible, are you able to access it by visiting the URL manually? If so, just bookmark it until you're able to resolve the issue.

Re: Photos folder not showing in my navigation- SUPPORT WILL NOT HELP

Helpful | Level 5

Thank you for the response, friend.

Absolutely have tried that and EVERYTHING! Dropbox result to that says:

You have no photos or videos

which is ridiculous; i have 20 years worth of photos. I still see them. It seems all Dropbox woud have to do is "reload" my content. It's their glitsch- they will not do one thing about it.

One workaround i have found is to search for .jpg. That helps but I woud so like to migrate to another cloud service that woud give me that photos option that worked for me so well. 

My husband and I both (both premium accounts) are having trouble now with searching and then not finding the download option. Seems we get stuck in "preview" mode which doesn't allow a download??? Both with dropbox about 20 years.  MAD. We dont want to waste our time this way. It seems they changed somehig- this was NEVER  problem before and was so easy to use.
Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?