cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photos on my desktop

Photos on my desktop

StarShine
Explorer | Level 3

I keep getting photos back on my desktop after I loaded them into dropbox. I also get some that I have deleted. I don't know what is happening. A sign comes on that says do you want to take them out of dropbox and I say cancel. 

8 Replies 8

Re: Photos on my desktop

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @StarShine, thanks for joining the Community!

Could you clarify what you're doing exactly when you 'load images onto Dropbox'?

Are you uploading the files onto the site, and then the files are downloading to your computer? 

When you 'cancel' the removal, is this when trying to move or delete files out of the Dropbox folder?

Any other info or screenshots would be helpful!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

StarShine
Explorer | Level 3

It doesn't happen when I'm loading photos into the dropbox.  I'm not sure what makes it start. The photos are mostly ones that I have already deleted.  A sign pops up and says Do I want to move them out of dropbox and I press cancel. Then I see them all over my desktop.  It has happened about 5 times since I have been working on some photos from Europe. This time I emptied the trash hoping it wouldn't happen again.

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey @StarShine, could you send us a screenshot of the notification? 

Could you also lead us through the steps of how you add the photos?

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

StarShine
Explorer | Level 3

I go to Dropbox. Then I go into my file that says pictures. Next I go to my file titled vacations and 2019. Then I drag my folder from the desktop into the dropbox.  I just don't know where that notification comes from. It doesn't happen when I am putting the photos into dropbox. Sometimes it comes when I'm working in photoshop. 

Jay
Dropboxer
If you get this message again in future, please could you attach a screenshot so that we can view it here, along with exactly what you did when it occurred.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

StarShine
Explorer | Level 3

ok

StarShine
Explorer | Level 3

StarShine_0-1614532700277.png So I was trying to save something on microsoft word last night and print it. Then these messages started popping up again. I pressed cancel and past folders of things I deleted went onto my desktop again.  

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey @StarShine, could you try pausing the desktop app before editing the files, saving any changes you make to the files, and resuming sync after you've closed the third party app?

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?