cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photos showing as files not images in their folders on my laptop

Photos showing as files not images in their folders on my laptop

JudithAnn
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

My photos are suddenly showing as files on my laptop. I have several folders which I click on and click the photo I need. Now I'm stuck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the screenshots, @JudithAnn - much appreciated. 

Initially, I just wanted to note that I've removed some personal info included in your attached images for security and privacy purposes as per our Community Guidelines. 

Moving on to your main concern though, although the Notifications/Recents menu may not show you the image itself, you should be able to double-click on it and open it withthe respective third party app that supports its preview. 

Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. :slight_smile:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @JudithAnn

As a first step, could you please confirm if you're looking at your files from the desktop app or your Finder/Windows Explorer? 

Could you also send me a screenshot (without personal info) of what you see when you hover over the Dropbox icon that should be next to your computer's clock?

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

JudithAnn
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi Lusil... I'm using my desktop app on my HP laptop.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for getting back to me, @JudithAnn

Could you also send me a screenshot (omitting sensitive info) of what you see when you hover over the Dropbox icon and of what the thumbnails look like so that I have a better visual understanding of your concern?

You can attach an image in your next reply by one of the following options:

Attach image.png

Thanks in advance once again!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

JudithAnn
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Screenshot 2019-08-22 2.pngScreenshot 2019-08-22 22.png

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the screenshots, @JudithAnn - much appreciated. 

Initially, I just wanted to note that I've removed some personal info included in your attached images for security and privacy purposes as per our Community Guidelines. 

Moving on to your main concern though, although the Notifications/Recents menu may not show you the image itself, you should be able to double-click on it and open it withthe respective third party app that supports its preview. 

Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. :slight_smile:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropbox Staff
    JudithAnn Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?