cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photos uploading sideways

Photos uploading sideways

LiftingUnicorn
Helpful | Level 5

Portrait photos have today started uploading sideways. Has never done this before and was not like this yesterday. Today photos are sideways. Are these still a back up of original photo?

48 Replies 48

emk1020
Explorer | Level 4

I started having an issue this morning.  After backing up photos, I noticed that portrait shots are showing as landscape and videos are not showing up in the order that they were taken.  As a test, I uploaded the exact same files to Google Drive and they show up correctly, portrait show as portrait and videos are in order.  As another test, I went into a photo on my phone and rotated it, saved it, reopened, rotated back to the original position, saved, and then uploaded to DB, and it showed up correctly.  I did the usual fixes like updating to the latest version, restarting, etc...but no luck on fixing the issue.

I've been using DB for years and have never had this happen.  In fact, I backed up photos yesterday and everything worked fine.  There have been no changes made to my iPhone at all.  Any ideas on a solution?

LiftingUnicorn
Helpful | Level 5
I have exactly same problem. All ok yesterday. I would like to get it back to how it was Asap

agpwpnt
Explorer | Level 4

I had the same thing today.  I uploaded several photos to a new folder that I want to share and on my PC they are the correct orientation.  When I open the DP folder online they are all sideways!  I can't share this with people when they are like that.  Why do they change when you look at the photos online but on the computer they are all fine.

agpwpnt
Explorer | Level 4

If I can't get this to work right I am looking for another program where I can write captions on my photos so people know what they are looking at when they access the folder.  Any recommendations?

Rulle
New member | Level 2

I've just bought an iPhone XS and installed Dropbox. I had the iPhone 8 before. When viewing the pictures in my folder they suddenly have a different and wrong orientation / rotation. 
If I look at the same picture from my iPad the picture has the correct orientation / rotation. 

Any help would be much appreciated 

vancleefed
New member | Level 2

Same problem here. Photos are orientated fine on my PC, but when using the app on iPhone or iPad many of the photos are now orientated off by 90 degrees. Can there be a fix for this please?  I have thousands of photos, I need to be able to display them as I did with the app a few days ago (and had for many many years!)

agpwpnt
Explorer | Level 4
It’s only been since yesterday that this is happening. All previously uploaded photos look okay on mine. Something has changed in the last couple of days. Does anyone from DB ever read these and offer solutions?

agpwpnt
Explorer | Level 4
I tried taking a picture with my iPad thinking it may just be my iPhone 11 but that photo is upside down when it loaded to Dropbox. Any photo you take since yesterday is the wrong orientation.

kartlee
Explorer | Level 4

I am facing the same issue with orientation from yesterday.  How should this be  escalated to dropbox team?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hunter Dropbox Staff
    wildesara New member | Level 2
    p8dre New member | Level 2
    mcnrny New member | Level 2
    ldtrfyguhi Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?