cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photos uploading sideways

Photos uploading sideways

LiftingUnicorn
Helpful | Level 5

Portrait photos have today started uploading sideways. Has never done this before and was not like this yesterday. Today photos are sideways. Are these still a back up of original photo?

48 Replies 48

Melissa Conway
New member | Level 2

Hi Lusil. 

I am not a frequent user, but here is my experience. I took photos with my iPhone, I uploaded them to my PC, I then moved them into my dropbox folder. When viewed in explorer, the dropbox folder shows all photos in their correct orientation. However, when viewed online, as the person I'm sharing with needs to do, they are all in landscape orientation, even though the majority should be in portrait. 

I hope that information helps and look forward to hearing there is a resolution.

P_Assist
Explorer | Level 3

Was wondering if someone can help. We have only just noticed only from a day or so ago that all our photos which have been taken as a portrait photo are showing up in Dropbox in landscape on there side. We date stamp our photos, so its clear the photos are taken like this. Can anyone help how to stop this from happening?

agpwpnt
Explorer | Level 4

I just checked and now all of my 2020 photos have sifted sideways! These are ones that weren't previously. When is Dropbox going to fix this issue?

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Hi everyone, thanks for your reports.
@P_Assist, @StageScience, and @LiftingUnicorn, I found your tickets and have made sure to pass your comments along to the members of my team reviewing each of your cases. As soon as they have more info, they’ll get back to you.
For everybody else, in order to make sure we investigate the matter accordingly for you, I sent you a ticket directly to the email address connected to each of your Community profiles. When you get the chance, please check your inbox and we’ll take it from there.
Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Terchan80
Helpful | Level 5
Lusil,
I am having the same issues. My photos used to back up from my phone with no issues but many are now rotated 90-180 degrees and I can’t get them to rotate. Can you please send me an email as well to have this issue looked into?

Thanks!

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Terchan80, thanks for nudging me on this thread and sorry to hear that you're also having trouble with this. 

I just followed up with a ticket, so when you get the chance, check your inbox and don't hesitate to get back to me there. 

Thanks!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Misi70
Helpful | Level 6

So... when will there be a solution? I see photos correctly in webbrowser, but in wrong orientation in the iOS-App, so it seems quite obvious that the app doesn't respect the orientation stored in the Exif-Data.

Brgds

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Misi70, thanks for checking in with us on this thread. 

I'd be more than happy to look into this with you and, as such, have sent you a ticket to the email address connected to your Community profile. 

When you get the chance, check for my latest message and we'll take it from there. Cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Misi70
Helpful | Level 6

My issue was solved somehow - the iOS-App shows Photos in correct orientation again.

Thanks Lusil for your support.

Best regards

Michael

bevrleee
Explorer | Level 4

Same here. The odd thing is that it's random.... some portrait photos show up correctly and others rotate to landscape. Very frustrating as I can not modify the orientation! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hunter Dropbox Staff
    wildesara New member | Level 2
    p8dre New member | Level 2
    mcnrny New member | Level 2
    ldtrfyguhi Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?