cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Photos uploading stall half way through

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Recently, when I manually upload photos from my album in my iPhone 10s to Dropbox, it will stall & stop uploading half way through.This only happened in the past 1-2 months. Is anyone facing the same issue. Can you help me fix the problem. Thank you.

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Re: Photos uploading stall half way through

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @Jasby, thanks for reaching out to us here!

Just out of curiosity, are the images that you're trying to upload edited images? If you try and manually upload unedited images, do you have the same issue?

If not, can you let me know what you see in relation to the pending upload in the app? For example, showing "Waiting to upload".

Let me know and we can go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
Dominantly edited images & also take using the portrait mode on IPhone XS. But there were a few there were also originals that could not be uploaded. This didn’t happen until very recently. In the past all could be uploaded without issues.
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for the info @Jasby!

Just to try and narrow down the root cause here, can you try connecting to a different WiFi network and see if the issue persists?

If so, can you try using cellular data to see if that does the trick?

Also, can you let me know how much storage space your device has free? You'll need at least 500 MB free to allow for processing.

Keep me posted with your findings!

Daphne

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
Hi, it didn’t work on a different network or on cellular. I am on Dropbox Plus & havoc used only 10% of 2 TB.
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for testing that out @Jasby!

Can you please let me know how much storage is left on your device (not your Dropbox account)? You can find this with the steps from here.

Cheers!

Daphne

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?