cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Betreff: Possible to block sharing, downloading or copying a folder in a team folder?

Possible to block sharing, downloading or copying a folder in a team folder?

jweitzod
New member | Level 2

Does anyone know if it is possible to block sharing, downloading or copying a folder in a team folder? I want to prevent my staff from doing this. I know this is possible when I share a folder and give them view only right .  The problem with sharing a folder is that they would have to scroll through each file one by one and cannot search by name or number under a share option.  help please!! TIA

1 Reply 1

Christian78
Experienced | Level 11

Hi jweitzod,

there a different solutions that can probably help you.

When you share a folder, you can configure is in a way that it cannot be shared by others but only by the owner of the folder, which is you.  This works with all kinds of Dropbox plans. Just go into the sharing setting, klick on the rack-wheel in top right. You can adjust that it only be shared by you, not by others. When using dropbox business, take into account that you cannot adjust those settings for folders inside Team Folders, depending on your Team Folder config. Consider sharing a folder which sits in your Private Folder instead.

As soon as you share a folder, even if your collegues only get rights to read it and not to write in it, it does not prevent copying files somewhere else.

Downloading an copying a file can be prevented when you share a link instead of a folder. You might consider sharing a link with your collegues, because this covers most of what you want to do.

Cheers,

Christian

Need more support?