cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out how our Community members are using Dropbox here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Possible to view all person's activity w/out business account?

Highlighted

Possible to view all person's activity w/out business account?

Explorer | Level 3

I've got a personal full DB account and need to try to examine the activity of one person for whom I share many folders and files. Is this possible or only with a Business account?

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @mw78 - welcome to the Dropbox Community and happy Monday!

Sorry if I sound dense, but can you clarify to what exactly you're referring to when you say 'activity'?

File activity will only be displayed to other members of the shared content. This means that only those who you or others in the shared content have explicitly invited will be able to see the file activity log.

File activity will also only be tracked for changes made to the specific file. If a member that has view only access downloads the file and makes edits, those changes will not appear in the file activity log.

Specifically, with viewer info, you can see if someone is currently looking at a file. And, depending on the Dropbox plan you have, you may also be able to see when someone last viewed a file.

Apart from those, you may want to take a look at your account's events page as this is the place where all adds, edits and deletes are normally logged.

I hope this information helps and please let me know if you have any questions. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

Sorry, let me clarify. I want to see what a specific person may have changed across all of the shared folders that we have together and especially for things like deleting files. I am looking over the activity window, but do not understand how the date range works for this. If I have "all events" selected and specify a particular day, I see a long list of info from other dates as well, so is there some sort of minimal date range here?

I am experienceing a major data loss issue with one user of several shared folders that also started using a business account with a new employer, so I will have to take this offline here and reach out directly to DropBox support to get to the bottom of this.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

If there are not enough entries (i.e. events) to show on that page, you'll get results from following dates as well @mw78.

If you need assistance with anything please let me know. 

PS: Ping me the ticket's ID here if you like so I can locate it on our system and get on it asap. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?