cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powerpoint web not saving the latest version

Powerpoint web not saving the latest version

New member | Level 2

Good evening, I was working on a powerpoint file in dropbox. when I opened the powerpoint file I selected open and powerpoint for web. I then edited the file and as I worked on it when I scroll over the saved to dropbox it looked like it was autosaving. when I was done with the file I selected save and return to dropbox. However, when I go to reopen the file I just was working on, the file addition is saved was from an hour again and not the most recent version. is there any way to get my work back?

2 Replies 2

Re: Powerpoint web not saving the latest version

Dropboxer

Hey there @reviveaswellness; welcome to our Community!

If you check the file's version history and can't find the version(s) of the file you're looking for, then, those edits may have never made it to our servers. 

Do you see any relevant information in your events page, perhaps?

Keep me posted!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Powerpoint web not saving the latest version

New member | Level 2

That is unfortunate and a glitch in your system as it says it is autosaving the powerpoint presentation changes that are being done when in fact it is not saving the latest version. Please pass this along to your tech as it is very discouraging losing 2 hours worth of work and having to do it all over again. Maybe a pop up could be added to say don't use this open with web powerpoint and actually download the file if you are going to make changes. 

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?