Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Premade Paper templates gone. Meeting notes in Paper don't work like they use to.

Helpful | Level 6

I am still missing something on my main screen when I go to paper.dropbox.com . I dont see the 3 premade templates to create a document from. I dont see the button to create a meeting notes paper doc, by browsing through my exising outlook calendar meeting anymore. I am still missing something on my main screen when I go to paper.dropbox.com.  This is what it shows now.... A week ago it let me choose from the templates. Anyone know how to get that main paper screen back? 

paper homepage.jpg

13 Replies 13
Highlighted

Re: Paper Templates: Premade templates gone

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @brtbendele. Thanks for creating a topic about this. 

I appreciate the screenshot! Seems like this is a new Dropbox account based on what I see here. If you are looking for Paper docs and templates you have already created, then we probably need to check if you have another Dropbox account/email address. Let me know if this could be the case. 

You can find ready Paper templates to use on this page. It's my favorite bookmark and I suggest to bookmark this on your browser too. 

📝 You can create a custom template, from a Paper doc you are already created. 

Finally, you can create meeting notes, taking the steps offered here

Looking forward to any questions you might have. 

Thank you! 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Helpful | Level 7

I am seeing the same thing. I don't have a new Dropbox account. I have already created several paper documents, but this home screen for Paper never changes. I have also noticed that the option to create a new document from one of the three main templates is gone. I found the templates page by searching the help and finding this thread, but have no idea how navigate there from within the product itself. Is all of this by design?

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Thank you for the reply. 

I agree the page does appear to be what you would see on a new Dropbox account.  This is what scared me.  The page I used to hit upon open, showed all of my recent Paper documents, starred paper documents, and folders under Paper. Suddenly I'm hitting this blank page. Ive had dropbox person for maybe 10 years, and Dropbox Business account for the last 3 years. 

I agree with icrosby below. It would be nice to open a new doc from a preset template. I do like the list of templates that you have. 

I understand now the new 2020 Paper does not store files under its own separate file system, but stores your Paper documents under your main Dropbox file system.   Maybe this has something to do with it. 

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

@Fiona  Also, when you choose a meeting template from the list you gave us here, it doesn't pull the information from the meeting invite and paste it into the Paper like it did before.  It used to fill out half of the meeting notes, subject and information for you. Thats gon? 

Highlighted

Meeting Notes Template - Pull info from Calendar Invite

Helpful | Level 6

Paper used to do this until maybe last week when I noticed it no longer worked. 

Before, i could choose to create a Paper based off a calendar event. When doing so, the new Paper would self populate with all info including the Subject, Invitees, and body of the message. Can we bring this back? 

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thank you for your comments everyone. 

@icrosby Welcome to the Community and our discussion. Do you happen to have joined a Business team before this page started showing up?  

@brtbendele I am not sure I understand what changes for you with Paper templates. The template can not be autofilled with information.  You can only use this template, write on it and then create a template out of the edited version you created. The steps to templatize a doc you have edited from the templates or created from scratch are in my first response. 

Thank you! 

Fiona

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

OK. Here is what I am talking about. When i used to open paper, it scans my calendars for upcoming events and meetings.  I click the event, and it creates and prepopulates a meeting notes Paper document for me instantly, and offers to invite all of the attendees.  

I just found this by switching over to my Personal account.  When I have my business account open, it just hits that cheezy introductory splash page.  Paper Upcoming Calendar Events List.jpgPaper Meeting Notes created from Calendar.jpg

As opposed to this on the business account: 

paper homepage.jpg

How do I make it do the same thing when i am under Paper on my business account? 

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Are the rest of your team members seeing this Paper tab as well? Did you join the team with a new Dropbox account or an existing one? 

Do the rest of your team members have the ability to create a meeting the way you did before? 

Fiona

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @brtbendele!

I merged your share an idea topic here. Please have in mind the share an idea is a section for feature request and this seems like an issue that requires troubleshooting. 

What is the service you are using for your Calendar meetings? 

Looking forward to the additional information to help you more. 

Fiona

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?