cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing in Dropbox using Safari

Printing in Dropbox using Safari

New member | Level 2

Bow do I print documents from my Dropbox account with Safari? I can do it using Chrome, but I am unable to find the "Print" option using the Safari web browser. Has anyone successfully been able to print from the Dropbox site using Safari?

5 Replies 5

Re: Printing in Dropbox using Safari

Dropboxer

Hello @Danielle_Mason, I hope you're having a good day so far!

Could you just clarify for me, are you viewing the files on the website from a computer or a mobile device?

Also, does using a private window in Safari make any difference?

Finally, are you using the printing option from the black menu bar along the bottom of the file preview in Chrome? Do you see the same black bar in Safari, just without the printing icon?

Let me know and we can go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

New member | Level 2

Hi @daphne , Thank you for your response! To answer your questions:

1) Using Safari from a computer, not phone

2) I haven't tried a private window yet, but I can 

3) In Chrome I have been usng the printer icon on the black bar with each success. There is a black bar in Safari, but it does not have a print option.

Thank you again for your help!

Dropboxer

Thanks for clarifying that info for me @Danielle_Mason!

If you have the same issue even with the private Safari window, please also try clearing the browser cache and trying once more.

Keep me posted!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Helpful | Level 5

That’s one option, but it requires a Mac to be running when you want to print. It’s probably better if your printer is not networked.

I have check a gcc desktop vinyl cutter and printer at this site with network capability, and I’m using Readdle’s Printer Pro on my iPhone. Works like a charm and I don’t need to remember to turn my computer on.

New member | Level 2

That is one choice, however, it requires a Mac to be running when you need to print. It's most likely better if your printer isn't organized.

I have to check a gcc work area vinyl shaper and printer at this site with network capacity, and I'm utilizing Readdle's Printer Pro on my iPhone. Has exactly the intended effect and I don't have to make sure to turn my PC on.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?