cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you're up against the clock to get holiday ready, so here are some tips on how to use Dropbox to make your prep easy! Check them out!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro -> Professional -> Plus and now I lost features

Pro -> Professional -> Plus and now I lost features

jaxbeach
Helpful | Level 5

So, as a loyal Dropbox customer for many years, I decided to give Professional a trial, instead of using odrive to get the ability to see files but leave them in the cloud.  After deciding it wasn't worth it to me, I dropped back to the Plus level.  In the process, I seem to have lost the ability to set link expiration, something I had been using for years.  Am I to understand correctly that I've been duped by Dropbox?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Pro -> Professional -> Plus and now I lost features

Rob_Cash
Dropboxer

I'll reach out to you offline to understand your issue better. Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Mark
Super User II

Plus is now a very different product to what it was (with features that were in Plus now in Professional). 

All I can suggest is logging a ticket and asking if they can reinstate those features. I'm not sure if they can or cannot do this.

www.dropbox.com/support to log

http://dropbox.zendesk.com to track. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

jaxbeach
Helpful | Level 5

Thanks Mark, unfortunately I received no change in my situation through support.  Definitely left feeling duped and as though Dropbox pulled a bait and switch on me.  It's not as though I was studying charts of what "old" Plus and "new" Plus are.  I tried their new service, found it didn't meet my needs, and dropped back to the level I had been at.  They should have made it obvious to me when trying out the new service that returning to my existing plan would A) not be possible and B) would cause me to lose features.  Thankfully, OneDrive has gotten around to offer offline sync for iOS and expiring links...all included in the price of my existing O365 subscription.  Looks like I'll need to look into transitioning my cloud service provider.  Guess I can be thankful for finally having the justification to stop paying double.

Rob_Cash
Dropboxer

I'll reach out to you offline to understand your issue better. Thanks!

View solution in original post

jaxbeach
Helpful | Level 5
Apparently the beast found the peep tasty enough. Thank you much for your help, Rob.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

jaxbeach Helpful | Level 5
    Rob_Cash Dropboxer
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?