cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Probelms to unsync a specific folder

Probelms to unsync a specific folder

tuliolucassilva
Helpful | Level 5

Dear support,

I'm looking for a way to unsync a specific folder on my Dropbox account. This folder is my Macbook laptop folder, it is so huge and also completly unnecessary and unsafe to sync.

I've tried to follow the steps related with it, but I dont know why, I'm not seing option to unsync it in the web page and also in the app in my laptop.

Someone can help me to solve it? I really need to do it.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Probelms to unsync a specific folder

tuliolucassilva
Helpful | Level 5

I solved the issue. What I did was force the sync to the current folder and later marked as unsync.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Walter
Dropboxer
Hi @tuliolucassilva, thanks for using Dropbox and welcome to our Community!

The selective sync options should be visible on your desktop, assuming that you're running the desktop app that is. 

In that case, you'd be able to access those through the desktop app's preferences as outlined here

Let me know how it goes!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

tuliolucassilva
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Walter, thank you so much for the support. 

Just to let you know, in the Desktop Dropbox App and also in the Dropbox website I don't know why, but for this specific folder, I'm not seeing the unsync option. For all other folder and files I can see it without problems. 

I've attached a printscreen just to show you what I'm seeing when I try to unsync it. 

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 08.49.10.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-26 at 08.46.18.png

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @tuliolucassilva,

Take a look here. 😉 In future be more careful what you are agreeing with (i.e. read what's it in advance 🙂).

Hope this helps.

tuliolucassilva
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Здравко,  thank you for the advice, I will be more carefull before I agree with a feature, I really accept that!

The problems here is that, even if I accepted it in the past, I'm not able to updated it to unsync it. Everyime when I went to the backup option and unchecked it the folders the problems did not solve. There is no button to save the option to uncheck theses folders and when I came back to the backup screen the folders are checked again.

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 11.39.51.png

I really want to know if I'm miss something, but it looks like a kind of bug of the Dropbox.

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @tuliolucassilva,

According your screenshot, you haven't set up Dropbox backup. That's why you haven't "Save" button; there is nothing to save. Instead, on the same place you have "Set up" button.

Why is this? 🤔 You have done something aside of the right way. There are different options. You might forcibly have unlinked your application before turn your Backup off, for example (or something similar). In such a way the new setup don't have any idea about already set up Backup. Investigate, what really got done. May be you have to set up (revert back) your folders location by hands. Make sure those folders are set up in correct place in your system settings. Change the settings where needed. Make sure on those places are real folders, not some links!

Good luck. And again - be careful.

tuliolucassilva
Helpful | Level 5

I solved the issue. What I did was force the sync to the current folder and later marked as unsync.

View solution in original post

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

tuliolucassilva Helpful | Level 5
    Здравко Super Collaborator | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?