cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Syncing

Problem Syncing

in2itive1
Explorer | Level 4

I only sync photos from my android to Dropbox. For some reason only about half my photos are syncing on the app and my web Dropbox. I tired manually uploading them but it just sits and they just don't upload. I've had this problem before and kind wouldn't be wanting to upgrade as this seems to be a constant issue from time to time. This time it's just not syncing all my photos and I can't understand why. I've got enough space in my Dropbox.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Problem Syncing

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @in2itive1, thank  you so much for all the additional info!

Can you ensure that Camera Uploads is enabled in the Dropbox app settings? On Android devices this can be found in the app, tap the menu button > the gear icon > under Camera Uploads, select “Turn on Camera Uploads".

To ensure that everything is optimally configured can you please follow these steps:

- Open the Dropbox app
- Tap the menu
- Tap Settings
- (if applicable) Select the account under which you enabled Camera Uploads
- Under Camera Uploads, tap 'Background Uploading’
- Check it is not set to 'Only while phone is charging'

Have a great weekend, and let me know what you find on your end!

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey @in2itive1, thanks for using Dropbox and welcome aboard!

Can you please let me know if this persists after clearing the app's cache? To do so, please follow these steps: 
  •  Tap the menu icon in the upper-left corner of the screen
  •  Select "Settings"
  •  Select “Clear Cache”
Once this is done then please ensure you log out of the Dropbox application, then restart your device and log back in again.

Let me know if this improves matters! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

in2itive1
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks for your reply Walter. I had already cleared the cache, but hadn't logged out and restarted my phone. Have done all that now and no more photos from the weekend have uploaded yet. This is the other issue I find some photos uploaded virtually straight away and then ones from the weekend, I haven't even got half of them yet. Can't even manually upload them. I'm kind of over Dropbox!

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @in2itive1

When trying to upload the content manually, do you get any errors? 

Also, I've been meaning to ask if the issue remains on a different WiFi, or with cellular data. Does this issue affect all photos and videos, or only some? 

Keep me posted, and we'll take it from there!

Lori
dropbox.com/support

in2itive1
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Lori

Last night I tried uploading just one photo at a time and they are uploading but painfully slowly! I don't want to be wasting my time sitting uploading one photo at a time when I might have 20 or 30 photos. Videos haven't been uploading and I only just realised I didn't have it turned on to upload videos. I've turned it on and a couple of videos from November last year still haven't uploaded. I don't use my cell data to upload I've turned that off. I've been out and about and logged into other WIFI networks and they still don't upload. Like I said only about half my photos automatically uploaded from the weekend and have no idea why only some random ones did. They weren't even like the first 10 I took. I was on a different WIFI at the weekend and couldn't get any to upload except for two but they took hours. When I got back home that's when a few uploaded automatically and then just stopped.

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @in2itive1, thank  you so much for all the additional info!

Can you ensure that Camera Uploads is enabled in the Dropbox app settings? On Android devices this can be found in the app, tap the menu button > the gear icon > under Camera Uploads, select “Turn on Camera Uploads".

To ensure that everything is optimally configured can you please follow these steps:

- Open the Dropbox app
- Tap the menu
- Tap Settings
- (if applicable) Select the account under which you enabled Camera Uploads
- Under Camera Uploads, tap 'Background Uploading’
- Check it is not set to 'Only while phone is charging'

Have a great weekend, and let me know what you find on your end!

Lori
dropbox.com/support

View solution in original post

in2itive1
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Lori, thanks for your further help. I'm very tech savvy and had checked my camera uploads were turned on when this problem started. It was while doing that I discovered the video uploads wasn't turned on. However, when I checked after receiving your message oddly camera uploads were turned off. Now, as you know there are a few steps to having to turn off so it's not like it could get turned off accidentally.

The only while charging setting was turned off. I had set for uploads to happen only with more than 30% battery which is what my phone had. It had 33% and put on the charge. My photos have now all synced automatically. Very strange. 

Thanks for your help.

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @in2itive1, I hope your Monday is great so far! 

Very interesting! Thank you for letting me know more on this, and for the details you've provided. 

It's definitely a bit odd, but the outcome was the one we wanted. I am definitely happy to see that everything is up to date for you, and if you come across any similar issues with your Camera Uploads, I'm here.

Give me another shout if something comes up.

Lori
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lori Dropboxer
    in2itive1 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?