cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem importing photos from iphone to dropbox

Problem importing photos from iphone to dropbox

Explorer | Level 3
Hello,
I am currently using an iPhone X.
Whenever I want to import a photo from « Photos » to a Dropbox file, I get an error message saying « an error occurred importing photos or videos. Please try again later ».
I tried everything, unsuccessful.
I have to download all the photos to my computer, and then load them to Dropbox, but it’s a huge waste of time, and I use my phone all the time at work and need a direct access to Dropbox.
Any ideas? Thanks!
3 Replies 3

Re: Problem importing photos from iphone to dropbox

Dropboxer

Hi @Moshuhuan; welcome to the Dropbox Community!

I'm not sure if you're referring to the desktop app or the mobile one; could you clarify if this is happening on your computer when you plug your iPhone to import those photos or if you get this error when on the mobile app?

Have you made sure that your devices are up to date as well as the app in use, be it the desktop application or the mobile one?

If you could walk me through the exact steps you take that lead to this error (or perhaps a screenshot), I'd appreciate it too. 

Keep me posted! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3
Hello.
Thanks for your answer.
That’s on the iPhone app : i take a picture, then i need to put it on a dropbox file in the app, but get the error message.
My iphone is up to date, the app too.
I also checked that the dropbox app is allowed to use photos. There is probably a conflict somewhere, but can’t find the solution

Dropboxer

Thanks for the additional details @Moshuhuan.

Can you please send me a screenshot of the exact error you get so I can have a better look into this?

While we're at it, if you're using the Files app, have you set Dropbox as location there? 

Lastly, could you perhaps try to re-install the app on your iPhone? This might do the trick for you. 

In any case, please let me know how you get on. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?