cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem searching for files in dropbox iOS ipad

Problem searching for files in dropbox iOS ipad

IesKorp
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Since the last update of the app, searching for files (by name) never shows any result.

Dropbox-app version 224.5 (27 feb 2021) on iPad with latest iOS (14.4).

In previous versions it worked fine.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

IesKorp
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Tried again today and guess what: it works again. On iPad and iPhone.🤔

View solution in original post

23 Replies 23

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there @IesKorp, I hope you're having a good day!

Just to make sure we're on the same page, are you getting no results at all, or perhaps getting an error?

Could you send me a screenshot of what you see when you try performing a search?

Looking forward to your reply!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

IesKorp
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hello Daphne,

Thanks for your reply. When searching i get no result, no errormessages

See the screenshots where i search for ‘paksoi’. No matches found. Buts there are several files that contains the word.

Greetings Ies Korp

C1DC2290-B0C3-415B-B17B-DFE739973E16.png20921119-9761-4309-A8E7-021788D1477E.png

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for those screenshots @IesKorp!

Can you try clearing the app cache and searching again? You can do this by:
  1. Open the Dropbox app.
  2. Tap the "Account" tab.
  3. Tap the gear icon in the top left corner.
  4. Choose the option "Clear cache".
Also, if you haven't done so already, please restart your device to see if there is any difference in the behaviour.

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

IesKorp
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hello Daphne,

I tried all that. I even deleted the app and installed it again. Still the same problem.

On my iPhone (latest iOS  and app-version) i have the same problem,

I noticed that after reinstalling the app on my iPad, the first search did show the right results. A second search resulted in the same problem.  Clearing the cache made no difference.

I did the same on my iPhone, buts then the first search did not give any result.

Any clue?

IesKorp
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Tried again today and guess what: it works again. On iPad and iPhone.🤔

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
I'm happy to hear that @IesKorp, even if it is a little strange!

If the issue does crop up again, please don't hesitate to give me a shout here. ðŸ˜€

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

NikZ
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi All,

In the past I would write a keyword into the search bar, check (click on) the search was for ‘All Dropbox’ & press search, hey presto, every file or folder containing the keyword would be revealed, as of today only recently added or edited files show up.

This is across all platforms (iPad & iPhone Apps, iPad web version using Safari, Laptop App & also using web through Firefox)!

I emailed support who replied asking for screen shots, I described the simple problem again & now they’ve gone quiet!

As I use this feature often it is extremely unhelpful, so much so that if it doesn’t restore I’m seriously going to have to seek out another cloud based storage facility, & that saddens me because Dropbox WAS great!

Am running the latest update & have also rebooted iPad.

Any help or anyone else experiencing this at the present? Cheers N

NikZ
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I’m having EXACTLY this problem from yesterday, I’ve seen a couple of other threads with the same, no solutions are ever properly offered by the Help Team, & the problem either solves itself or in some cases does not...ever!

Sadly the Help team replied to my email then disappeared & have not answered the reply I gave, if you find a concrete solution to this PLEASE post it so we can get on with enjoying our Dropbox use (because I am a very unhappy user this weekend!). Best wishes,N

cduemmen
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I'm experiencing the same issue in iPadOS 14.8. 

No result at all.

... waiting one night didn't work for me. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

amyonline15 Helpful | Level 5
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?