cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem sharing folder with outside consultant

Problem sharing folder with outside consultant

Tracey-CHSW
New member | Level 2

I have a business dropbox account.  I am a team admin.  I created "owner" a folder and shared it with 2 fellow employees.  When I went to share the folder with a consultant outside of my company - that does have a dropbox account - I was not allowed to share the folder.  I checked the settings and the folder membership was set to ANYONE.  I was not able to send a link to the consultant either.  I "unshared" the folder thinking maybe I needed to share with everyone at the same time.  I am still not allowed to share with the outside consultant. 

Any suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Problem sharing folder with outside consultant

Rich
Super User II

@Tracey-CHSW wrote:

I have a business dropbox account.  I am a team admin. ... When I went to share the folder with a consultant outside of my company ... I was not allowed to share the folder.

Do you have external sharing set to On within your team's settings?

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@Tracey-CHSW wrote:

I have a business dropbox account.  I am a team admin. ... When I went to share the folder with a consultant outside of my company ... I was not allowed to share the folder.

Do you have external sharing set to On within your team's settings?

View solution in original post

Tracey-CHSW
New member | Level 2

Rich - thanks for the info that was the issue. 

Tracey

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Tracey-CHSW New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?