cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our users can answer all of your questions on files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Problem viewing excel files on mobile iOS 13

Collaborator | Level 8

I'm having a problem viewing excel files on my mobile devices (iPhone and iPad) after updating to the latest iOS 13. This is through the Dropbox app and I have more than enough free space on my account. The issue occurs both in my personal and work accounts. 

When I'm viewing an excel file, the scrolling gets stuck, the zoom in/out with my fingers doesn't work, the screen size seems to get cut off. In short, it's very glitchy.

Any help resolving this or making the developers aware of the issue would be much appreciated.  

13 Replies 13
Highlighted

Re: Problem viewing excel files on mobile iOS 13

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there @GS321

Thanks for reaching out to us about this. 

As a first step, could you let me know how you're trying to preview your Excel files? Is it through the mobile app or the mobile's web browser?

Any screenshots (without personal info) showing the behavior you describe would be very helpful. 

Let me know what you find!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Collaborator | Level 8

It's through the mobile app directly. This issue never occurred before iOS 13. Screenshots won't help because it's the behavior itself that's the issue, not the visual on the screen (a recording would show it, not a screenshot). If you send me an email, I can share a recording later. Thanks for the help.  

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me, @GS321

Hmm. Could you also ensure that you've got the current and most up to date version of your iOS (13.1.3)? Maybe that will do the trick. 

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Collaborator | Level 8
Yes. Running the most current iOS. 13.1.3. I’m fairly certain this is a glitch with the Dropbox iOS app.

In addition (I forgot to mention before), any edits done to Dropbox files (so markup in the files iOS app or in adobe...think underlining a PDF via an integration) now shows up in the app as a big black box whereas it’s still fine on the web version or the desktop. This seems like a big glitch from the mobile side.
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for confirming that, @GS321

I'd also recommend giving a reboot a try.

However, if that doesn't work either, I've sent you a ticket to the email address connected to your Community profile so that we can have a better look into this together. 

Thanks in advance!

Lusil

Highlighted

Problem viewing Microsoft excel files within iOS app

Collaborator | Level 8

I'm posting about an issue viewing Microsoft excel files in the iOS app. Since the iOS 13 update(s) and subsequent Dropbox updates, excel files get "stuck" when scrolling across or up/down. This is very, very annoying. To be clear, this is an issue when viewing the files from within the Dropbox iOS app (I am not opening the excel files in the Microsoft app via the integration to edit). This same issue occurs on both my iPhone and iPad. Both are new and both are running the latest software. My Dropbox app is updated. My cache is cleared and I've tried deleting and re-installing the Dropbox app. I've tested this issue in other cloud storage apps and the issue is not present. To be clear, I used to open excel files from within the Dropbox all the time before iOS 13 and never had any issues. I did this to view the files only (not to make changes). This is a big problem (for both my personal and business account) and I am an active user. Can you please help me correct this problem? Thank you. 

Highlighted

Re: Problem viewing Microsoft excel files within iOS app

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @GS321, thanks for checking back in with us.

I've moved your post, under your original thread about Excel previews on the iOS mobile app, to keep your questions about this all in one place.

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having trouble with this, but to make sure we investigate this appropriately, we'd have to continue via email, since account-specific info may be needed.

I was able to find your previous discussion where you tried to resolve this with a specialized member of the team. Please reply back to that ticket so that you can pick up where you left off. 

I'd also be more than happy to give an extra helping hand, and so, if you'd like, you can give me the new ticket's ID so that I can take a look at it. 

Let me know of any updates!

Lusil

Highlighted

Collaborator | Level 8

Thanks! The ticket number is #9853892  I replied to Dane but would appreciate a helping hand to make sure we get this resolved quickly and correctly. Thank you!

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thank you for your swift reply, @GS321

I've conveyed the relevant info to my colleague and have made sure to prioritize this case for you. 

If there's something else I can do to help from my end in the meantime, please let me know and I'll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. 

Cheers!

Lusil

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?