cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with shared file appearing on Dropbox website but not on my computer

Problem with shared file appearing on Dropbox website but not on my computer

enriquesp
Explorer | Level 3

Good morning, 

There is a file that was shared with me by someone in my team (giving me permissions to edit) and when I click on the link on the email it takes me to the website of Dropbox. There in "Shared" on the left side menu, I can see the file. However, if I go to "All files" where I also can see the folders that I am sharing with my team, I cannot see the file. On my computer, I can see what's on "All files", but not what's on "Shared", so there is no way I can access to the file on my computer.

Could you help me with this?

Thank you in advance.

Enrique.

5 Replies 5

Re: Problem with shared file appearing on Dropbox website but not on my computer

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey there @enriquesp; welcome to our Community!

Can you please let me know if you're referring to individual shared files or maybe shared folders?

Are you able to locate them and add them to your account through your Sharing tab?

Let me know!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Problem with shared file appearing on Dropbox website but not on my computer

enriquesp
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you for replying.

I am referring to a file, it is not inside any folder and it appears in the "Shared " tab, but it does not appear in "All files", so I can't access to it from my computer which only has access to files and folders that appear on "All files".

Walter
Dropboxer
Thanks for that piece of information @enriquesp.

Can you try copying or moving this file inside a folder of yours and let me know if you see it on your computer then? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

enriquesp
Explorer | Level 3

If I move the folder inside a folder of mine (downloading the file), then it is only me who can see it, as it stops being shared with the rest of my team.

Walter
Dropboxer
So this is a folder and not a file after all @enriquesp?

Instead of moving it, have you tried copying it?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
    enriquesp Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?