cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with three devices

Problem with three devices

Franco52
Helpful | Level 6

Hi, I have a problem with a password protected .docx file. I use the PC plus a smartphone and a tablet, both Android. If I open the file with the PC the password is correct, but if I log in with the Android app I find an old version of the file with the old password! I reinstalled Dropbox and the smartphone (Android 10) works fine, but the tablet (Android 7) doesn't. Advice? Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Problem with three devices

Franco52
Helpful | Level 6

I thank Walter for his kind reply. I solved: the problem was not due to Dropbox, but to Word! I reinstalled this app on the tablet, and now I have the right file. Sincerely.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey @Franco52, thanks for posting on our Community and sorry to hear you're having issues with this. 

Can you please let me know the version of our mobile app and the Word app you're using on your devices?

Are you able to preview the file through a web browser on all devices at all? You can remove the password protection to test it out and re-enable it if it's not too much to ask. 

If you get a specific error, I'd appreciate a screenshot as well. 

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Franco52
Helpful | Level 6

I thank Walter for his kind reply. I solved: the problem was not due to Dropbox, but to Word! I reinstalled this app on the tablet, and now I have the right file. Sincerely.

View solution in original post

Walter
Dropboxer
Glad to hear you're back up and running @Franco52.

Have a wonderful week ahead and see you around the Community!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
    Franco52 Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?