cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with SmartSync

Problems with SmartSync

sumaru
New member | Level 2

I have a Dropbox Plus account which should allow me to use SmartSync. I am running out of space on my hard drive and want to make some of my files online only. Dropbox support told me to download the client app, which I've done and to make sure that SmartSync was enabled when I log in to my Dropbox account on the web. I've done both of those. The 'SmartSync' option which is supposed to appear in the right-click menu still doesn't appear. 

The main reason I pay for Dropbox Plus is to have access to this feature.

I've read the discussions about issues with SmartSync and frankly I can't understand them and they don't seem to apply to my exact situation. Can anyone help?

1 Reply 1

Re: Problems with SmartSync

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hi there @sumaru, let's see what we can do on this. 

The first step is make sure that the desktop app is running by finding the Dropbox icon on your menu bar or system tray, next to your computer's clock. 

If it's not there, it means that the app isn't running and you'll have to relaunch it from the applications menu. 

Also, have a look at this article for a checklist of troubleshooting this. 

Whenever you have a moment to check these out, let me know and we'll go from there. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?