cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with shared folders

Problems with shared folders

New member | Level 2

Hi guys, hope you can help me. I have a normal dropbox account extended to 16GB space. I'd like to share this account with my team mates and everbody should have a permission to upload pictures in this folder. My dropbox is empty so the 16GB is free to use, but one of my team mates tried to upload pictures in the shared account and got an error message because his dropbox (2GB normal) is full. Does that mean my team mates can't use my shared folder (with the 16GB) to upload pictures? They only can upload if the have enough space in their own dropbox?  Can anybody help with this problem?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Problems with shared folders

Super User II

@indigokreativ wrote:

Does that mean my team mates can't use my shared folder (with the 16GB) to upload pictures? They only can upload if the have enough space in their own dropbox?

Correct. Since the entirety of a shard folder exists within every member's account, they all need enough space available to be store that folder in their account.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: Problems with shared folders

Super User II

@indigokreativ wrote:

Does that mean my team mates can't use my shared folder (with the 16GB) to upload pictures? They only can upload if the have enough space in their own dropbox?

Correct. Since the entirety of a shard folder exists within every member's account, they all need enough space available to be store that folder in their account.

View solution in original post

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?