cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Procreate export to Dropbox

Procreate export to Dropbox

Explorer | Level 3

After last IpadIOS update I cant' export PSD files from Procreate to Dropbox anymore. Getting "uknown error" report.
The same problem with native procreate format files. Only option for export is export not layered files (jpg, tiff...).
Previosly I used "copy to" option, now it's not available for Dropbox anymore. I have only "save to" and it's not works.

IOS v.14.2 (problem starts in 14.1)
Ipad pro 12.9
Dropbox current version.

7 Replies 7

Re: Procreate export to Dropbox

Dropboxer

Hello there @Alexander Shimanov, I hope you're well today!

Could you send me a screenshot of the error that you mentioned, and let me know the exact steps you took up until that point?

Also, with the "Save to" option, can you clarify for me what's not working with that?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

I guess there is no sense to publish screenshorts cause it's russian IOS version (so everything in russian) :/
So now I have 2 options connected with Dropbox.
1) Dropbox icon in the main bar of export menu (no named "save", "copy" or something else. Just icon + Dropbox)
Usually I didn't use it because it asking for email. So now it asking for email (I use my email to upload file to my DB account. No comments) and after got report "Can't upload file to your account. Try later."
2) "Save to DropBox" option, also in export page, but as the secondary option. Taping this I getting "Uknown error. Try later" report immediatly.

Before IOS update there was "Copy to DB" option that I always used. So now there is no such option in menu.

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me here @Alexander Shimanov!

It's okay if the screenshot is in Russian, we can always use a translation tool for the wording. The visual is usually very helpful.

Can you try uploading the file from within the Dropbox app, using the "+" button to see if you get an error there too?

How about if you try saving the file to the Files app and navigate to Dropbox there?

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

New member | Level 2

I am having the exact same issue -- right after I updated to iOS 14.1 I could no longer export PSD files from a procreate to Dropbox.  There used to be a "Copy to DropBox" icon choice that worked but it is now gone.  DropBox is also not showing up as an option when I choose Save to File.  Attached is a screen shot of the error.  I don't know why exporting to DB has always been such a pain from procreate....can't we make this easier??  As the previous poster said, the Dropbox icon does nothing.  "Save to Dropbox" icon gives the error.EDFD4B88-364F-446F-A049-691AF3BDAD0A.jpeg

Explorer | Level 3

I guess this problem is on the Procreate side.
Now I do export psd to Files, and after upload psd to DropBox from there. And it works.

New member | Level 2

That's great, Alexander.  How'd you remedy it?

New member | Level 2

I am having the same issue. Anyone able to get it resolved? 

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?