cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public a lot of images in html page

Public a lot of images in html page

LucaFr
Explorer | Level 4

Hi everyone, I'm creating html pages that dynamically -after a search filter by tags- show me images hosted on dropbox.
I know the name of the file but because the thums uploaded to dropbox are thousands (and are often updated) I don't know all their public links and manually copying them is not possible.
Is there a way to get a public link that has a fixed part to just add the filename?
For example, if the public link of an image is
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v98lezd7flr17md/DSCN2679.JPG?raw=1
is there a way for the others images to replace the filename only?
Thanks in advanced

3 Replies 3

Re: Public a lot of images in html page

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey @LucaFr, thanks for joining us!

While this is something that is not currently available, here you will find a similar idea, which you can up-vote, or you can post your own idea on our idea board.

We constantly review new ideas and if a lot of users think it's useful, we might implement it!

Let me know if you have any questions.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

LucaFr
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks Hannah, then if I understand every image have a random unique public link and the only solutions will be manually copy every public link?

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @LucaFr, each shared link is unique, so it wouldn't be possible to create a fixed URL of some description as you've requested.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
    LucaFr Explorer | Level 4
    Hannah Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?