cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on deleting files

Question on deleting files

natedoverspike
New member | Level 2

I recently left a job and had their dropbox synced onto my computer. Now that I am gone and logged off of their dropbox I went to see why my storage was practically full (it should be basically empty since it hasnt been in use for long). I see that I have 4.25 tbs in documents on my hard drive and the folders are from the previous company even though their dropbox isnt synced or on my computer. 

I signed out and deleted the dropbox app so am I good to delete these files? I dont want to wipe out their files so I want to make sure im good before hitting delete...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Question on deleting files

Rich
Super User II

@natedoverspike wrote:

I signed out and deleted the dropbox app so am I good to delete these files? I dont want to wipe out their files so I want to make sure im good before hitting delete...

If Dropbox is no longer syncing (or you've removed the Dropbox app) it's safe to delete the files. Without the Dropbox app syncing, there's no way it can affect their copy.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@natedoverspike wrote:

If Dropbox is no longer syncing (or you've removed the Dropbox app) it's safe to delete the files. Without the Dropbox app syncing, there's no way it can affect their copy.

View solution in original post

natedoverspike
New member | Level 2

Ok awesome. This makes me so nervous haha. Thank you!! 

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?