cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random missing images in Paper documents...

Highlighted

Random missing images in Paper documents...

Helpful | Level 5

I use Paper to create training material and guides to our workflows for our staff: There's a lot of screenshots and, today, I've noticed that a bunch of these are missing from a Paper document:Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 12.01.05.pngFollowing the link gives this... (access denied? No change to the permissions have been made by me). Temporary Dropbox outage or a structural problem with the Paper doc, I'd like to get some insight into why this is happening. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 11.54.20.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Random missing images in Paper documents...

Helpful | Level 5

Update: Lusil, the images are now back in place. Nothing I changed! Happy that this has been resolved. Best...

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Sorry to hear that, @vilms

Initially, it looks like the photo you have included in your Paper doc is unavailable for preview, which would explain why you’d get an error. 

However, the photo looks like it’s linked to another website or third party app, is that right? If so, could the photo be unavailable from their end? 

Could you also let me know if the behavior you experience persist when you sign out of your account and if it occurs for other users as well?

Let me know what you find!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Hello Lusil and thanks for your response.

Yes, the URL shows 'cloudfront' but that's just because Dropbox stores user content in Amazon buckets. These missing images are screenshots that were dropped from my Mac's desktop directly into Paper. I couldn't link to them from anywhere else because, well, they haven't *existed* anywhere else!

Best...

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Update: Lusil, the images are now back in place. Nothing I changed! Happy that this has been resolved. Best...

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Glad to hear that, @vilms

If you have any other questions in the future, don’t hesitate to get back to me. In the meantime, have a wonderful day ahead!

Lusil

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I am having the same issue with my account and they're images I uploaded from my desktop. They are all sowing up randomly blank and not displaying.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @kyliefly, thanks for nudging us on this thread. 

I'd be happy to help, I'll just need a bit more info, such as:

• What were the exact steps you followed to add these images to your Paper docs?
  • Do they exist in your Dropbox account?
  • Have you tried different browsers or previewing the Paper doc in an incognito window?

Let me know what you find - thanks!

Lusil

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?