cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Randomly don't have permission to upload using desktop app

Randomly don't have permission to upload using desktop app

New member | Level 2

Using the desktop app to manage my work files as my internal drive is filling up. I create animations so my folders and files are large. For some reason, when I try to move folders or files over using the app it just suddently decides I don't have permission. All folders that I created myself. Just moved a folder over, it's uploading fine. Tried to move another folder into the same folder on Dropbox I just uploaded to and it tells me I don't have permission, and that's it. Anyone else seen this?

3 Replies 3

Re: Randomly don't have permission to upload using desktop app

Dropboxer

Hello @Troyan, thanks for reaching out!

Can you send me a screenshot of the error that you're getting when trying to move files/folders into Dropbox?

Are you getting the error when trying to move to a particular location (eg. a specific folder) within the Dropbox folder?

Also, how exactly are you trying to move the files over? Are you moving the folder into Dropbox through the local Dropbox folder in your Finder/File Explorer or into the Dropbox app?

Let me know and we can go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

New member | Level 2

Thanks for replying!

Attached is my dropbox interface and the folder I'm trying to move. Before trying to move this folder, I had just moved "HipImplants" without a problem. I'm just dragging and dropping the folders from my hard drive into the interface. 

This is a very recent thing. I've been doing it this way for months until the last few days. My wife says she experiences the same issues through the web browser. Frustrating. Result.jpgResult.png

Dropboxer

Hi @Troyan, have you tried using the Explorer window instead of the Dropbox desktop application when uploading/syncing files? Do you get the same error there?

You can change this setting in the preferences page using these steps. Keep me posted!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?