cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Ransomware attack recovery files

Ransomware attack recovery files

dacoca
Helpful | Level 5

Yesterday I was attacked by a ransomware and the infected files are now in my dropbox account. I try to recovery the last versions of my files before the attack but it has been imposible, the process seems to be succesfull but when I review again the files keep being encrypted. I wish you can help me. Thanks. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dacoca
Helpful | Level 5

Hi

I have already found the solution, I changed name´s file (I erased the extension wrui) and I restore the file that I had with a date before the day I was attacked. Thanks.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @dacoca, thanks for messaging the Community!

Before performing the recovery, have you made sure to remove the ransomware from your machine first?

It sounds like it's getting re-encrypted again, since the source of the ransomware must still be on your machine somewhere.

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

dacoca
Helpful | Level 5

Hi

I have already found the solution, I changed name´s file (I erased the extension wrui) and I restore the file that I had with a date before the day I was attacked. Thanks.

View solution in original post

Jay
Dropboxer
Excellent news, @dacoca! If you need any further assistance in future, please let me know.

Enjoy your weekend!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Need more support?