cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out how our Community members are using Dropbox here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Rapid 'syncing' to 'connecting' to 'up to date' multiple times per second

Highlighted

Rapid 'syncing' to 'connecting' to 'up to date' multiple times per second

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Dropbox is constantly flashing between "connecting", "syncing", and "up to date" about 3 times per second. It has been doing this all day today on both my laptop and work computer.

Nothing is being synced - the recent files shows only the things I would expect.

I'm currently using 39.3.47 on Windows 7 Pro x64 with SP1.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Super User
Super User

@Robert E.21 wrote:

Dropbox is constantly flashing between "connecting", "syncing", and "up to date" about 3 times per second. It has been doing this all day today on both my laptop and work computer.

Nothing is being synced - the recent files shows only the things I would expect.

Hello, @Robert E.21 (and @alaimos@johneemaco)...

I'm not experiencing any problems using their desktop client so it's not happening to everyone (v38.4.27 on 2 - Win7 64bit computers).

I recommend that you try the newest stable build (offline installer) vs any beta versions that are available (eg: v39.3.47).  After installing it, please restart your computer.  Be certain that you use the same Dropbox login credentials when you sign-in to the Desktop Client.

PLEASE NOTE:  To prevent from receiving early releases of the beta versions of the Desktop Client... login to your Dropbox General page, scroll downward to the "Early Release" section and make sure that it's OFF (view screenshot below).

If image doesn't load... refresh your browser, F5. Otherwise try again later

I'm listing the Help Center articles below for your convenience, this way you can read them at your leisure.

HELP CENTER ARTICLES:

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Super User
Super User

@Robert E.21 wrote:

Hello, @Robert E.21 (and @alaimos@johneemaco)...

I'm not experiencing any problems using their desktop client so it's not happening to everyone (v38.4.27 on 2 - Win7 64bit computers).

I recommend that you try the newest stable build (offline installer) vs any beta versions that are available (eg: v39.3.47).  After installing it, please restart your computer.  Be certain that you use the same Dropbox login credentials when you sign-in to the Desktop Client.

PLEASE NOTE:  To prevent from receiving early releases of the beta versions of the Desktop Client... login to your Dropbox General page, scroll downward to the "Early Release" section and make sure that it's OFF (view screenshot below).

If image doesn't load... refresh your browser, F5. Otherwise try again later

I'm listing the Help Center articles below for your convenience, this way you can read them at your leisure.

HELP CENTER ARTICLES:

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?