cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real - time notification

Real - time notification

Peka12223
New member | Level 2

Hello, do you know if there is an option to have a real-time notification shown every time someone adds a file to a shared folder ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Real - time notification

Casper777
Collaborator | Level 10

OK

On the desktop app, click Preferences, then Notifications, and make sure that all of the options mentioned are ticked.

Also go here for additional fine tuning: https://www.dropbox.com/account/notifications?role=personal

Hope it helps!

Regards

Casper

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Casper777
Collaborator | Level 10

Hi there

Is this what you are looking for?

https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/settings-sign-in/notified-changes

Regards

Casper

Peka12223
New member | Level 2

Thanks Casper, I have already seen in my phone and I have "in theory" the notifications for the Dropbox in "active mode".
On my computer, I have no idea where you can see the parameters to activate them.

I have never received a notification on my phone or on my computer when someone adds a file to the shared folder...and it is a problem because I have to check regularly to see if the folder has been updated.

It may be that I am the problem and I don't know how to do it. :thinking:  :disappointed_relieved:

Thanks !

Casper777
Collaborator | Level 10

OK

On the desktop app, click Preferences, then Notifications, and make sure that all of the options mentioned are ticked.

Also go here for additional fine tuning: https://www.dropbox.com/account/notifications?role=personal

Hope it helps!

Regards

Casper

View solution in original post

Peka12223
New member | Level 2

Yes ! all it's ok

Notification

Shnadler
New member | Level 2
When documents have been added to Dropbox, there should be real-time notification to those set-up to receive such notifications. The present weekly notification system does not provide timely info. Shareable has such a system, among other dms.

Amy
Community Manager

Hi @Casper777, sorry to reply to you on an unrelated thread - but we tried to reach out to you about the Super User program - if you're still interested in applying, can you resubmit with a different email address here please? 

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Amy Community Manager
    Shnadler New member | Level 2
    Peka12223 New member | Level 2
    Casper777 Collaborator | Level 10
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?