cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving notifications for upload on Dropbox

Receiving notifications for upload on Dropbox

New member | Level 2

Hello guys:

I sent out dropbox folder link to a client few weeks ago, the client has requested that he wants to be receiving notification when next i upload documents on the folder. Please how do i get my dropbox account to send notification for subsequent uploads? Many thanks in anticipation of your response. 

1 Reply 1

Re: Receiving Notifications for upload on drop box

Dropboxer

Hi there @Olashile Ganikale, thanks for reaching out to us. 

In general, you can set to receive notifications to your desktop and mobile apps, and also to your email

Although you may not get a notification every time a file is added to a shared folder, you can receive a weekly email for Activity in shared folders.

You can also have a look at this thread, where you can upvote and comment with other like-minded users who have requested such a feature. 

I hope this helps to some extent, but let me know if you have any other questions. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?