cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recover a recorded jitsi meeting

Highlighted

Recover a recorded jitsi meeting

New member | Level 2

Hello,

We recorded yesterday a Jitsi meeting, but it seems there was no space left on dropbox to save it... or that's what I think because I can't find the recording. Can I recover this file?

10 Replies 10
Highlighted

Re: Recover a recorded jitsi meeting

Dropboxer

Hi @eltallerdejoyeria, thanks for posting on the Community!

Was the Jitsi file successfully uploaded or synced to the Dropbox site? Do you see it on the events page on your account?

Can you try recovering it from the deleted files page if the file is there?

Keep me posted!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Help: Find recording in Jitsi Meet with full dropbox !!! Without any reminder ...

Explorer | Level 4

Highlighted

Re: Help: Find recording in Jitsi Meet with full dropbox !!! Without any reminder ...

Dropboxer

Hi @Enric C; welcome to our Community and sorry to hear about your missing file.

As a first step, can you let me know if you can find it on our website using the search function?

If you can't locate it within your account's Files tab, I'd suggest taking a look at your deleted files page or even your events page. This is the place where all adds, edits and deletes are normally logged so it should give you a hint or two.

In any case, please keep me posted! 

Walter

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: Help: Find recording in Jitsi Meet with full dropbox !!! Without any reminder ...

Explorer | Level 4
Thank you Walter for your kind suggestions. Unfortunately I’ve tried them before, whith any positive result. Nevertheless I repeat it whith the same result. Nothing.  I’ve read on other post, from also diferent afected users with the same problem, that if you clear space after you have lost the recording file, that file will be recovered automatically, so I tried to do so, but as I tried to explain, nothing had hapened...
If you suggest me any other accions, please don’t hesitate to tell them to me, I’ll do it... thank you so much.
Best Regards
Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Hello Walter,

I've tried to do, again, all your recomendations and unfortunately without any succes.

I think that the video conference recorded, in case there was'nt room for it, was recorded in some place that the searching software couldn't acces. I had the hope you could restore it from there. Otherwise it'll be impossible for a user, whith any kind of extra acces, to achieve it. The file would be near 2GBs so I thought it should be easiest to found... but...

Best regards

Enric  

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for keeping me in the loop @Enric C

I'm afraid that we won't be able to help with restoring this file as it never made it to our servers as it seems. 

Perhaps it would be worth searching for it locally on your device and/or contact Jitsi in case they have any additional tips to offer from their end. 

Let me know if you have any more Dropbox questions. 

Walter

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Thank you so much, Walter.

I'll try whith Jitsi Meet. 

That file wasn't in my local device.

Regards

Highlighted

Recover unsaved jitsi recording

New member | Level 2

Hi,

I just recorded a jitsi meeting, but was not aware that my dropbox was full, so there is no file in the jitsi meeting folder. Following other users´comments, I deleted other dropbox files, freeing space and hoping that the file with appear in the jisti folder. I did this an hour ago and the folder is still empty. I already checked deleted files (nothing there) and events folder (I can see the jitsi meeting folder was created, but nothing else). What else can I do?

Highlighted

Re: Recover a recorded jitsi meeting

Dropboxer

Hey there @tanieneva, thanks for reaching out to us here!

I've just moved your post here as it seems like you're having the same issue as the OP described.

When you have the time, please check out the suggestions in this thread to see if the info helps at all.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?