cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovering deleted files (older than 30 days)

Recovering deleted files (older than 30 days)

justinaleo
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have a Dropbox Basic plan - and to date, I've only been on that plan.  I deleted files more than 30 days ago (but less than 180 days ago), which means they aren't available for me to recover.  With the Dropbox Professional plan (and similar plans), I'm able to recover files that were deleted up to 180 days ago.  Does that mean that if I now upgraded to one of those plans, I would be able to recover those files I deleted between 30 and 180 days ago?  Or would I have had to already been on one of those plans before I deleted the files, in order to be able to now recover them?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@justinaleo wrote:

Does that mean that if I now upgraded to one of those plans, I would be able to recover those files I deleted between 30 and 180 days ago?

No. You would have had to be on one of the plans with a longer recovery time before the files were deleted. Unfortunately, there's no way to recover those files now. They're already gone.

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@justinaleo wrote:

Does that mean that if I now upgraded to one of those plans, I would be able to recover those files I deleted between 30 and 180 days ago?

No. You would have had to be on one of the plans with a longer recovery time before the files were deleted. Unfortunately, there's no way to recover those files now. They're already gone.

justinaleo
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

That's bad news for me, but thanks for the response.

Huda shaikh
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
My photos was deleted above 180 days older plzzz help me

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Huda shaikh wrote:
My photos was deleted above 180 days older plzzz help me

I'm afraid that won't be possible. Even if you were on a paid account, you would already be passed the recovery period. It's simply not possible.

galaxypacks
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Do you know after the recover days are reached, are user's files also deleted from backup servers? how long before backup servers are updated and files removed from there? 

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@galaxypacks wrote:

Do you know after the recover days are reached, are user's files also deleted from backup servers? how long before backup servers are updated and files removed from there? 

Refer to the following help article:

John24000
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi 
[email address removed per the Dropbox Community Guidelines
Inadvertently removed the box. 
How to retrieve old files after six months .

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Unfortunately its not possible to do so now. Even with a paid account you can only restore for 180 days. 

Sorry

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Zigor
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello, I have a basic account but I need to recover two excel files deleted on December 07th and 09th, 2022. What solution do I have?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Loeries New member | Level 2
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
    frugalprof New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?